Data Protection Officer & Manager
Outsource your data protection officer and manager to PropelFwd
Many organisations are required by law (GDPR ) to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO). If it is not a mandatory requirement to appoint a DPO, forward thinking organisations are choosing to appoint a Data Protection Manager (DPM), to help regulate their data protection responsibilities and to boost the confidence level with their customers.
Why outsource your DPO?
Outsourcing your DPO avoids the issues of conflict within your organisation, can be more cost effective and gives access to the knowledge and experience required to fulfill this very important role. The tasks of a DPO in law are:
- Assist you to monitor internal compliance,
- Inform and advise on your data protection obligations,
- Provide advice regarding Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs), and
- Act as a contact point for data subjects and the supervisory authority.
A DPM can have the same level of responsibility as a DPO but can be more involved in the practical side of compliance. The service a DPM will provide include:
- Give guidance and support when needed,
- Put in place appropriate policy documents & registers, updating and ensuring compliance,
- Regular contact with the internal Data Governance Team,
- Assistance when required with Data Subject Access Requests and redaction,
- Monitoring compliance with the GDPR and other relevant laws relating to data protection and all policy documents and procedures as follows:
- Monitoring of the Data Breach register, and
- Monitoring the Record of Data Processing Activities, updating when necessary,
- Assistance and advice with any data Breach,
- Sign-off with appropriate justification on Data Breach register,
- Develop a full training package for your employees,
- Communication with the relevant Supervisory Authorities,
- Identify the need for a DPIA, carry out the requirements and put in place any required mitigation’s to reduce the identified risks
- Carry out due diligence on 3rd party processors and put in place required agreements
- Complete a full data transfer map
- Assisting and advising on the development of any new process, or data base in accordance with the principle of Design by Default.
Get in touch with Propelfwd to discuss the appropriate way forward to handle your data protection requirements. The services outlined above can be tailored to meet the needs of your business and provide you with the confidence you need that you data protection requirements are being met.