Data Protection for Care Homes and Home Care Providers
Care Homes and Home Care Providers
In the compassionate and responsible environment of care homes and home care services, the protection of sensitive personal data is not just a regulatory requirement; it’s a cornerstone of trust and quality care.
At Propelfwd, we understand the intricacies of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018, Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017, and the Data Protection Act 2018. Our expertise lies in navigating these essential legal frameworks to ensure the utmost privacy and security for the personal information of residents and clients.
This data demands not only the highest level of confidentiality and security but also compliance with stringent data protection laws. Our team of specialists offers comprehensive support to ensure your practices are not only compliant but also respectful of the dignity and privacy of those in your care.
Our data protection services are meticulously tailored for the unique challenges and needs of the care sector. Care homes and home care providers manage a diverse array of personal data, from health records to intimate personal histories.
Whether it’s aligning with the GDPR, adhering to the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018, the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017, or the Data Protection Act 2018, Propelfwd is your guide and ally.
A small selection of our data protection services for care homes and home care providers.
Our services extend from customised staff training and risk assessments to policy development and ongoing support, adapting to the evolving landscape of data protection. Partner with Propelfwd and confidently focus on providing exceptional care, knowing that your data protection practices are robust, fully compliant, and reflective of your organisation’s values.
Data Protection Framework
Propelfwd have designed a framework compliance package specifically for the care home sector.
This package will cover the main areas of data protection and leave your business in a strong position to protect your client’s data.
The operational package consists of:
- Data Protection Policy, covering:
- Data protection principles.
- Data collection.
- Data use.
- Data retention.
- Data protection.
- Data Subject Access Requests.
- Law enforcement requests & disclosures.
- Data protection training.
- Data transfers.
- Complaint’s handling; and
- Breach reporting.
- Separate detailed Data Subject Access Request Policy and Procedure (DSAR).
- DSAR Templates to communicate with Data Subjects.
- Separate detailed Data Breach Notification Policy and Procedure.
- Data Protection Policy, covering:
Website Compliance package
Your website is the front window of your business, it is also the front window of your compliance structure. A good Privacy Notice and Cookie Management Platform (“CMP”) are all you need to show your are accountable to your customers data and you take data protection and PECR/ePrivacy compliance seriously.
At Propelfwd we are experts at developing good quality, easy to read privacy notices for your site users to access and understand what your company dose with data.
We provide the full package that includes:
- Fully compliant Privacy Notice for your website.
- Branded Privacy Notice animation.
- Audio files for each section of your privacy notice.
- The first years CookieScan™ subscription for your website (Premium account).
- Full service to have the Privacy Notice, animation and audio (if wanted) uploaded onto your website. You provide the details of your website developer. There may be extra fees from your developer for this work.
- Categorisation of the cookies used on your website.
- Colour match of the CookieScan™ banners to your website theme.
- Test of the Data Rights feature of the CookieScan™ banner.
You will be left with the confidence your website is up to scratch and fully compliant with the requirements.
Data Protection Managers Service
A Data Protection Manager can remove a lot of the burden of compliance from your day to day workload. Allowing Propelfwd to manage this for you gives you the confidence to know you are in good hands. You engage a team of professionals, so you don’t have to worry about sickness, holidays, staff training or resilience, Propelfwd do all that for you.
Our team looks after your needs. You get a dedicated data privacy manager to take care of your account. When they are away, the rest of the team step in, so you are never left without support.
The service a DPM will provide include:
- Give guidance and support when needed,
- Put in place appropriate policy documents & registers, updating and ensuring compliance,
- Regular contact with the internal Data Governance Team,
- Assistance when required with Data Subject Access Requests and redaction,
- Monitoring compliance with the GDPR and other relevant laws relating to data protection and all policy documents and procedures as follows:
- Monitoring of the Data Breach register, and
- Monitoring the Record of Data Processing Activities, updating, when necessary,
- Assistance and advice with any data Breach,
- Sign-off with appropriate justification on Data Breach register,
- Develop a full training package for your employees,
- Communication with the relevant Supervisory Authorities,
- Identify the need for a DPIA, carry out the requirements and put in place any required mitigations to reduce the identified risks.
- Carry out due diligence on 3rd party processors and put in place required agreements.
- Complete a full data transfer map.
- Assisting and advising on the development of any new process, or data base in accordance with the principle of Design by Default.
Data Protection Training
Our Foundation course is an online course that will take a maximum of 2 hours for each candidate to complete but can be visited in small time frames if required.
To meet different learning styles, the course has audio, text and videos throughout.
These courses are branded to your organisation and delivered for you by our training Course Administrator. We monitor progress, provide update progress reports and send out certificates to your staff.
The course covers:
- Principles of Data Protection:
- Data Subject Rights:
- Handling Data Subject Access Request:
- Identifying and handling a Data Breach:
- Understanding Consent:
- Data Transfers:
- Jurisdictional Fines.
Throughout the course there are knowledge checks to ensure the candidates can demonstrate their understanding of the topic and demonstrate the individual has a good foundation knowledge of all relevant laws.
This course is ideal for your front of house employees that are handling customers personal data on an everyday basis.
Here's a few of our clients we've helped in the care sector...
Bespoke online courses for businesses and covers data protection from the start of the employees journey with your organisation
Why choose PropelFwd for your data protection services?
PropelFwd have experience working with all sectors of business and organisations of any size and any jurisdiction. We pride ourselves on the fact that we demystify data protection, taking the complexity out of it, keeping it simple for your teams to understand and follow.
Our policies are easy to read and understand, our training is in plain language with relevant real-life examples of data protection in action and our solutions for your business are tailored and work.